Art Journaling Day Two

 

Yesterday I shared some art journal pages I made recently as part of a swap in the FB group Creative Crafty Friends. We took two sheets of paper - I used Hahnemühle's Bristol Illustration - and cut them to be 7" tall and 10" wide. Then we folded them in half so they made 7" tall by 5" wide page surfaces. Each page had four surfaces to add art on, making a total of eight pages using both sheets of paper. Have I confused you enough yet? Hahahaha!

I showed you one sheet of 4 surfaces I journaled yesterday. Today I want to show you the other sheet. I colored the background on both sides using Ranger Distress Inks and a sponge applicator. The mouse and the fairy pieces are scraps of previous projects. The little hot dog guy is a Chris Ryniak character that I colored with Copic markers. Fun page! I am going to make it again and keep it for myself <3. 





I used the distress inks on all four surfaces - both sides of this page - and again used some scrap pieces of earlier projects. 

The cat - I love this particular cat! - came from a book called Fancy Dressed Cats. Cool beans this book! The tile was in my basket of not finished things that I grabbed and glued down here. You may notice I usually add a series of dots to most of my art journal pages. They are made with Zig Clean Color Dot Pens



What a fun page! I should have kept this one for myself. Should have been greedy. Hahahaha! Not really. I know the lady I sent this to will love it and that is all that really matters. I will duplicate this as close as I can in my own art journal. 

That polka dot strip down the middle is a deli paper that was mono printed by Beth Broadway. I love her work so much! The little girl with all the markers is a Saturated Canary character I colored with Copic Markers. 

So sad. Saturated Canary was a designer back 15-20 years ago. Now I just find her work on Pinterest

Gotta love a good villain. Is that an oxymoron? Good/villain? Hahahaha!

This was the last page of the four page sheet of paper. Still using those scraps from my collage drawer. And you won't believe it but that evil Queen (I think Maleficent) was part of a United States Post Office set of stamps that I held onto. You never know when that cute little picture will come in handy! I like the little 'You are Gorgeous' note that was part of a clothing tag I kept. 

This page and the one yesterday were sent to a lady in Creative Crafty Friends. In exchange she will send me a set of pages that she has completed for my art journal. I think we plan on doing this for the rest of the year. It is going to be great! 

Thanks for reading with me today - I hope you enjoyed my pages. If you are new here you should know anywhere you see pink letters - those are links. Links to products. Links to other groups. Click away, read or ooh and ah! - then come back here. Pink=link. Love you all!

Comments

  1. Your swap partner is going to be thrilled! These pages are beyond awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just delightful pages, Alice! I always love how you use and combine colors. :) OMG that cat on page 2!!! Did you add the color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, I didn't add color.it came that beautiful <3

      Delete
  3. Krista (Saturated Canary) still designs - you can find her on IG under @kristaleighsmith. Your series of dots in journal pages are like your Printemps in tangled designs - an Alice signature. Always fun to see. - Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! I’ll check her out. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. PS - Circular elements in this set of pages, including Crescent Moon, The Chris Ryniak face & all the individual circle elements (I'm guessing punched panels) as well as your dots......... - Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say. Hahaha! I like circles

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun