Art Journaling With Marlene and Chris


 













So much fun this past week art journaling with two of my favorite artists! Or at least with their product. I wish it was in person! Could you imagine getting Chris Ryniak and Marlene together in the same room? And I could just take notes and photos and be amazed at how their brains work! I would love it! Hahahaha! I'm over here geeking out! 



Art By Marlene is a Studio Light line carried by Joggles. It is where I literally do most of my art journal shopping. I started this page with Marlene's stencil called Flower Power and three Ranger Distress Ink colors. I used a blending tool to rub the color through the stencil, straight onto my page. Then a little pen work, loose and crazy to finish the flowers. The border of flowered paper at the bottom is from Marlene's Scrap Paper pad. The cloud, sun and little critter are drawings of Chris Ryniak that I colored with my Copic markers. I love his drawings, so fun to color! 


On this page I reversed things by placing another paper scrap from Marlene across the top of the page. Again, the little critters at the bottom are from Chris Ryniak, I just colored them. 

Easy two page spread in the journal I'm sharing back and forth with Karen. Easy and quick. I love this stencil and can see me using it often. Actually I used it on these pages that I posted a few days ago. 

Art journaling is easy and fun. Relaxing and stress free. Start with any mixed media journal and a hand full of stuff you like. And a way to glue them onto your page. Doesn't matter if it looks wonderful or like a hot mess! If you enjoyed putting it together - that is all that matters. For real. 

Comments

  1. These pages are so stinkin' cute! I love the Alice Hendon touch you add to all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Fun to do and easy

      Delete
  2. I can see how versatile that stencil is - those flowers got a different look with your pen outlining. You somehow have a knack for putting these pages together - diagonal placement of the two paper scraps is very effective & you've got that lovely continuity of colour across the two pages. I can tell you're enjoying doing these. - Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am. They are the only thing that is fun right now.

      Delete
    2. Keep going - it's good to see you creating & exercising those art & design muscles for yourself. In so doing you're encouraging others too. Much love - Evy

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun