The Gift of Tangles, Week Three


 














For The Gift of Tangles I am working in a daily journal I made using Bristol Illustration paper from Hahnemühle. The pages are approximately 5.5" x 8" and are kept together with a spiral binding. 

What is The Gift of Tangles? This is the second year we have done this in my Facebook group Tangle All Around. Each day of the month I give them a Christmas related tangle and they make some kind of art with it. How can you get involved with The Gift of Tangles? Easy answer. Join my group Tangle All Around by clicking here. OR you can subscribe and follow this blog. I will post all the tangles right here. In last week's post you got the tangles for December 1-15, 2023. Today I give you the tangles for week three, but first let me show you the art I made with week two's patterns. The page above was for December 8th, I used the tangle Diamant.



This page for December 9th began with a large tag and a gel plate. The daily tangle was one my head didn't comprehend - hahaha! - so I used arukas, parabola, printemps and diva dance rock 'n roll. 

December 10 - I love the way this one turned out! That background paper is a piece of vellum from Art By Marlene. Most of the characters I use were drawn by Krista Leigh Smith, I color them with Copic markers. The tangle for this day was pushy swirl, a fun one I combined with batumber. 


I tell my members to work the project any way that works for them. I used the tangle for the day - msst - and included Arkand. The background is stenciled with one of Art By Marlene's advent stencils. December 11th.

I used the same stencil for the background on December 12th. The design is floral but the color reminds me of snow. And snow reminds me of Maine that I miss so much! 

The tangle for the day was versailles, a new one for me and I liked it very much! I included blox, printemps (of course) and flip down-L.

Did someone mention snow??? Well, it is almost Christmastime and for me that has always meant snow. For the 13th I used another of Marlene's advent stencils for the background. These characters were drawn by Chris Ryniak, I added color with Copic markers. The pattern for the day was one I felt overwhelmed with so I added some snowflakes instead. And that's ok.


This page for December 14th is probably my favorite so far. Or one of my favorites. Hahahaha! The background is another Marlene advent stencil. (What a deal I got with her advent calendar this year!) The tile was drawn with a blue Sarasa DryX Gel Pen from Zebra Pen. It works so well on my tiles! The tangle is foundabout! 


The last page I completed is for December 15th. The tangle is called Bownus. I am also working on a new book and needed time to get back to it, so I haven't worked on the last couple days of artwork. Hopefully I will be able to do some later today.



Let me give you the patterns for this next week. December 16th is a pattern, not really a tangle. And that's ok, it's all great fun this month. This cute little reindeer came from kiddingly.in 

December 17th, Curlique. 




December 18th, Opus from Zentangle HQ. 




December 19th, Poinsettia. 



December 20th has two patterns, Dwarfi and Elf. So cute to include with your holiday art. Or to share with your kiddos. 




December 21st, Brugges. This always reminds me of ribbons and lace. A beautiful way to wrap up those gifts!

And we finish this week with another pattern, this time of Santa Claus. December 22nd wraps up week three. I hope you are drawing along with us and enjoying our holiday tangle time. 

I started the first two weeks with a template in case you wanted to tangle one but pretty much no one in the group is doing that so I am not offering one the rest of the month. Sorry. If you belong to Tangle All Around - there is a photo album set up where I added a bunch of templates in case you want to give it a try. 

I hope you will join us and invite your friends that might like to tangle with us. Tangle All Around is open by clicking here. And you can always subscribe to my site by sending me an email with the word Subscribe in the subject line. Send to kenoly2000@hotmail.com

Thank you so much for following. Happy holidays! 

Comments

  1. Thank you for your wonderful artwork dear Alice. All the best, regards Regina ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Regina, I’m starting to fall behind

      Delete
    2. Gorgeous artwork, as always. I love your posts! ❤️🥰

      Delete
  2. As always, your art is so bright and cheery and it always makes me smile! I need that at the moment. Happy Holidays, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays to you 🤗❤️

      Delete
  3. That Foundabout tile page is my favourite too - the colours are super together. I like the way you kept this one understated with just the stencilled background on the page with the tile then containing only the two tangles. Printemps plays beautifully with Foundabout. Hope all going well with the book too & that you can take a break over the Christmas days. - Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 248 tangles drawn. About 300 to go 🤪

      Delete
  4. So much fun stuff in this one. I can't wait to share the elf with my kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they enjoy it. Have fun 🤗❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around